We found this simple and kid-friendly recipe from Cater Care, that seamlessly uses Lemon Myrtle.
- 80g Unsalted Butter – melted
- 1 tsp Ground Lemon Myrtle
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ Bunch Chives – rinse, drain and cut into ½ cm slices.
- 4 x 25cm Square Aluminium Foil Pieces
- 4 x 140g Skin On Barramundi Fillets
- To Taste – Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 x Lemon – rinse, drain, remove either end and finely slice.
- Pre-heat an oven to a moderate temperature – 160°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, Lemon Myrtle, lemon juice, ¾ of the chives and gently mix until the ingredients are combined.
- On a clean work surface place the 4 squares of aluminium foil, shiny side facing upwards. In the centre of each, place a barramundi fillet with its skin side facing down, then slightly lift up each corner of the foil to prevent the butter escaping.
- Drizzle each fillet with an equal portion of the butter, gently rubbing the butter into each fillet, then season each to taste and top each fillet with two slices of lemon.
- Seal the barramundi by loosely folding the foil to enclose each fillet. Then crimp the edges of the foil to ensure that the fish and butter are sealed in.
- Place the foil parcels onto a baking tray and place into the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the fillets are just cooked through, then remove from the oven and set to one side and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- If you are serving this with vegetables, start prepping and cooking these now.
- Carefully open the aluminium foil packages and garnish the barramundi with the remaining sliced chives before serving.
- Serve with any vegetables of your choice.