Deliciously fragrant and spiced pumpkin combines with lush risotto in this deceptively simple dish.
The subtle tang of the bush tomato plays perfectly against the sweetness of the pumpkin, with the cinnamon myrtle and mountain pepper leaf adding delicate spicy notes.
This dish is simple (no stirring in the stove until your arm is sore) yet spectacular with the added bonus of being vegan, so is perfect for when you want to pull out all of the stops with little effort.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C
- Peel and de-seed your pumpkin and cut into wedges. Place in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the spices and toss until well coated.
- Lay the pumpkin out on a lined baking tray and roast for 45 minutes, until richly caramelised, turning once mid-way through cooking.
- Remove and cool slightly before pureeing.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish over medium heat.
- Cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the pumpkin through.
- Cover dish and place in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- You can stir the rice during cooking, but it really isn’t necessary.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and stir.
- You can add a dash of extra stock if you like your risotto looser.
- Option to serve with coconut yoghurt.
Recipe Credit: Australian Superfood's Co.